Nelson Miranda (Portugal, 1979). He lives and works in Porto. Bachelors and Master degree in Architecture (FAUP, Porto, PT, 2004 and 2011). Focussing primarily on the research and documentation of the human presence in the territory and its role in the transformation of the landscape, it was in 2011 that he started the development of photographic projects, with the first of his exhibitions in 2013.
His work has been the target of growing curiosity, having been selected for several exhibition and editorial projects, namely:
- “A story here to stay”, artist book with Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation support (in progress);
- “Diversity – Research” – XXI Cerveira International Art Biennial (Cerveira, PT, 2020);
- “Places of Memory” – Contextile – Contemporary Art Biennial (Guimarães, PT, 2020);
- “Pequenos fins do mundo” (Galerie Adorna Corações, Porto, PT, 2020);
- “Atlántica Colectivas” – Fotonoviembre – Bienal Internacional de Fotografia de Tenerife (Tenerife, ES, 2019);
- “Discovery Awards 2019” – Encontros da Imagem – International Photography and Visual Arts Festival (Braga, PT, 2019);
- “Mirror Land” – Batumi Photodays (Batumi, GE, 2019);
- “Festival Circulation(s)” art direction by François Cheval and Audrey Hoareau (Paris, FR, 2019);
- “Riba de Ave” – MIP, Month of the Image of Porto (Porto, PT, 2018);
- “Reclaiming Our Future” – Reclaim Photography Festival (West Midlands, UK, 2018);
- “The Print Swap” curated by Alexa Becker (Berlin Blue Art gallery, Berlin, DE, 2018);
- “Fundação Lar do Emigrante Português no Mundo” (Espaço Campanhã, Porto, PT, 2017);
- “Duplicado” (Duplicated) and “Territórios” (Territories) (Adorna Corações gallery, Porto, PT, 2016 and 2014);
- “Visual Narratives: European Capital of Culture Guimarães 2012” (FAUP, Porto, PT, 2013).
His work is represented in public collections, namely in the Centre of Photography TEA (Spain), in the Contemporary Art Center of the Porto Municipal Collection (Portugal), in the Biennial Art Foundation of Cerveira (Portugal) and in national and foreign private collections.